If your children are not vacationing with their grandparents, they’re missing out. And so are you!
Grandparents traveling with their grandkids – sans the middle generation – is a growing segment within the multi-generational travel market. And it’s easy to see why: kids get a fun, activity-packed trip, grandparents get quality one-on-one time, and parents can enjoy a little relaxation at home.
The best way to make it all happen? A trip to Carolina Beach, North Carolina. The family-friendly destination has something for everyone. Some highlights include:
- Carolina Beach Boardwalk – seaside amusement rides and fireworks for kids (summer months), and unique shops and live music for grandparents
- Carolina Beach Lake Park – paddleboats and a playground for kids, and an amphitheater and picnic area for grandparents, seasonal farmer’s market and summer movies by the sea
- Carolina Beach State Park – outdoor hikes led by a park ranger for kids to learn about native plants, and leisurely strolls and fishing for grandparents, see Venus flytrap grow in the wild
- Carolina Beach Municipal Marina – home to one of the East Coast’s largest fishing fleets; a great place to admire the boats and watch as the boats bring in daily fresh catches
- Kayak/canoe nature excursions – outfitters provide all you need for a guided nature excursion of the river; suitable for older kids
And no trip would be complete without enjoying the beach itself. Kids can even sign up for surf or paddleboard lessons at the nationally recognized Tony Silvagni Surf School.
Carolina Beach is a year-round destination, so it’s always a good time to visit.